It may be a bitter pill to swallow, but like it or not, winter is coming to Waynesville, Missouri. Because that means snow, ice, and general cold weather, it is crucial to get your car ready for the elements now. Here are our top tips for winterizing your car.
- Test your battery. Batteries die more easily in cold weather but are crucial for starting your car. Have yours tested at Lowe Chevrolet to make sure it can survive the winter.
- Replace your wiper blades. Don’t get caught in a snow storm with streaky wiper blades. Replace them now if they are in moderate to poor condition.
- Consider snow tires. If you will be driving your car frequently in the snow, consider purchasing snow tires to survive the winter.
- Test your heater and defroster. Take some time while the weather is still moderately warm to ensure your heater and defroster are working. Better to find out the system is broken now than during a blizzard.
- Build an emergency kit. Pack a winter emergency kit in your car, including a flashlight and batteries, a cell phone charger, blankets, hats, gloves, coats, some water, flares, snacks, and assorted tools.
Need help winterizing your car? Bring it in to Lowe Chevrolet today.