Is your commute to and from work taking up too much of your day or causing you too much stress? Here are some unique ways to improve your commute:
- Find a podcast: Podcasts are becoming increasingly popular. Turn off the talk radio and download some podcasts that you’d really enjoy. You can find a podcast about almost anything, so you’re sure to find something that suits your interest.
- Read: But not with a book or e-reader. Instead, download audio books. They could be related to your career or just something fun and light, like the latest novel in your favorite fiction series.
- Stream music: Ditch your typical radio station and try Pandora®, Spotify®, or Apple™ Music, which can be catered to your personal tastes.
- Try a different route or time: With the advent of navigation apps, you can chart a different course to see if you have better luck that way. Or, if you have flexible hours, try leaving an hour sooner or later.
- Work from home: In the era of digitalization, working from home is becoming more widely accepted by progressive employers. If your commute is affecting your quality of life and performance at work, have a real discussion with your boss about working from home, even if it’s just a few days a week.
If commuting is a regular part of your day, it pays off in the long term to improve it in any number of small ways. And if you want to improve your commute in a big way, you can always do so with a new car from Lowe Chevrolet!