If you have just been in an accident, it is crucial that you prioritize your safety and the safety of anyone involved. These are all the things you need to do after a collision.
- Relocate your vehicle and check on everyone’s safety: If possible, drive your vehicle to a safe location out of the road. Make sure you are okay, as well as your passengers and the occupants of other vehicles involved.
- Call 911: Whether people are hurt or not, you need to call the police. Give them your location and report any medical emergencies.
- Gather info and document the scene: Find witnesses who are willing to stay and provide accounts to the officers. Also take the time to document the scene with photographs or videos on your phone. Exchange info with other drivers involved, including name, license and ID numbers, insurance info, makes and models of cars involved, location, etc.
- File your insurance claim: Contact your insurance right away to start the process. They will need as much information as possible.
- Go to a doctor, just in case: Even if you feel fine, you should have your family doctor check you out to make sure there are no injuries.
- Bring your vehicle to the Lowe Collision Center for repairs: We understand the stress you’re under. Let us worry about your car while you focus on yourself.
At Lowe Chevy, we’re committed to helping you get back on the road as quickly as possible. If your car needs repairs, schedule an appointment with our certified Collision Center so you can get back to what matters faster.