Chevrolet has finally released some insights into the new 2019 Malibu midsize sedan. As it turns out, we will see quite a few updates for the new Malibu, which is offered in L, LS, RS, LT, Hybrid, and Premier trim levels. Here’s what’s new for the 2019 Chevy Malibu:
- New RS model: Chevrolet has added a sporty RS trim level, which features blacked out styling cues and sits on 18-inch wheels.
- Standard rear vision camera: The rear vision camera is now standard on the L trim, making it an included feature on every model.
- Chevrolet Infotainment 3: The upgraded Chevrolet Infotainment system is included on the new Malibu, complete with 8-inch diagonal color touchscreen.
- Exterior styling: Chevy has redesigned both the front and rear of the Malibu. Updates include a new rear fascial and dual-element tail lamps in the back and new grilles, headlamps, and fascia in the front. LED taillights will be available for 2019.
- Driver information cluster: Chevy has added an 8-inch reconfigurable color driver information center.
- Rear heated outboard seats: In the Malibu Premier, heated seats aren’t just for front passengers anymore.
- A CVT transmission: The Malibu’s 1.5-liter Turbo engine is now mated to a Continuously Variable Transmission.
Are you excited for the new 2019 Chevy Malibu changes? Make sure to see how it all adds up in person at Lowe Chevy!